Call us Today: 970-668-1678


Post-Decree Family Law Issues

Whether your former spouse or co-parent has failed to pay their child support obligation, you are having trouble obtaining documentation or possessions you were awarded in your divorce, or you wish to modify your current parenting time schedule, the experienced attorneys at Vail Valley Lawyers are here to assist you

Though you may have received “permanent orders” from the Court in your separation, divorce, or custody case, often, things change. Children mature, employment status changes, relocations take place, and so on. Courts understand that they are dealing with people and lifetimes. While litigants often try to plan for every contingency, there are many situations which would not ordinarily occur to you. If your life changes, so can the Court orders you may have received in the past.

Many post-decree cases require that you or your attorney proceed to motions practice, or filings with the court, to request various changes or amendments. Frequently, post-decree issues are hotly contested, as the parties have been unable to resolve the problem among themselves, and elect to return to court. You can benefit from vigorous representation, and protect yourself, your wallet, and your family.

Even if your case appears likely to settle in mediation, you should still ensure you are being fully protected. Our attorneys have participated in countless mediations sessions, and have been trained in advanced legal negotiation. We can work with you to achieve results that work. That difference can mean countless dollars or days lost. 

Contact Us | Consultation | Summit County & Breckenridge 970-368-5829 | Eagle County & Vail Valley 970-845-7090

Frisco Office Address

975 North Ten Mile Drive, Suite E-15
P.O. Box 1829
Frisco, Colorado 80443
Phone: 970-668-1678

Fax: 970-668-5121
Click here to email us

ccd logo icon medium

Vail Office Address

56 Edwards Village Blvd.,
Unit 121, Suite 1
Edwards, Colorado 81632
Phone: 970-845-7090