Call us Today: 970-668-1678

Unmarried Parents

Unmarried parents may also need assistance in creating a parenting plan, establishing a child support amount, and deciding who will be making decisions for their children as the grow and develop. Generally, the same “best interests” standard applies to these cases as highlighted above. Colorado permits unmarried parents to file for “Allocation of Parental Responsibilities,” so that the Court may assist with the above questions and issues. We recommend that all unmarried parents establish their rights and obligations through this legal proceeding, even if they are not currently in conflict with the other parent. Having definition and set expectations can alleviate a great deal of future or prospective conflict for unwed parents.

Contact Us | Consultation | Summit County & Breckenridge 970-368-5829 | Eagle County & Vail Valley 970-845-7090

Frisco Office Address

975 North Ten Mile Drive, Suite E-15
P.O. Box 1829
Frisco, Colorado 80443
Phone: 970-668-1678

Fax: 970-668-5121
Click here to email us

ccd logo icon medium

Vail Office Address

56 Edwards Village Blvd.,
Unit 121, Suite 1
Edwards, Colorado 81632
Phone: 970-845-7090